Creating your own path

Best's business helps others develop their future

Story: Cassidy Wolf, Staff Writer

Senior Cam Best displays his entrepreneur side with his new business called Creator. “It’s all about creating your own path in life and not letting society and the judgement of others dictate how you go down your road in the future,” Best said.
His attempt to bring a creative mindset to students in high school, and beyond, is in an effort to spread his ideas while making money at the same time.
Best’s business is solely owned and operated by himself and his biggest supporter is his best friend, senior Hunter Isenhath aka Hizen. The motto, or baseline for the business is pictured on the back of the shirts Best has sold to students and teachers throughout the high school. It reads, “Everybody who is somebody is a creator. If you don’t create, you get lost in the middle. We all have the choice. Create your own path or let society create it for you.”
This business has been a long time in the making. “It took a while to get everything in place,” Best said. “It was a way to possibly make money in the future.”
Although money was in the picture, it was not the motive. “It’s a movement,” Best said. Best is currently selling hats, t-shirts and stickers with his logo on them and looks to invest in selling long sleeve t-shirts and tank tops.
“It’s pretty expensive to purchase the product and it’s pretty hard to sell because not a lot of people are about that action here at HHS,” Best said.
Shortly after Best sold his first t-shirt, students began to see others wearing them in the halls and the business took off. The shirts were promoted on social media outlets such as Twitter and Instagram, which brought more business to Best from students outside of Haslett. Although the money being generated from selling this product isn’t much, Best plans to expand his company in the future.
Aside from his Creator business, Best runs his own photography business called Best Photography. Best found his love for photography about five years ago.
“I always had a camera around,” he said. “But freshman year was the year I really started getting into expressing my passion.”
Best’s photography skills are displayed through many promotional items for local music artists and some students’ senior pictures. He plans to continue both businesses for a while after high school, since he is not currently planning on attending college.
“In 10 years I plan to be on a beach somewhere in California or Ibiza,” Best said, “making some videos and having this company up and fully running, 100 percent.”