Filed under Fall, Sports

Fall season a success for most Haslett High teams

As fall sports come to a close, majority of the teams have been successful this year. With many league titles and a few district championships, the athletes and their teams have represented the school well.

To be successful in anything, you must practice. The athletes who were interviewed, believed that all the extra practice they did, and the work they put in lead them to be as successful as they were.

The boys soccer team won a district title and had an impressive 16-6-1 record. Junior Nick Bidigare commented on how the team ended up being so successful,“I think it comes from how much work we put in,” he said. “The first week of summer we started practices and workouts.”

Girls golf finished the season in 15th at States at Forest Akers Golf Course at Michigan State University. A few new faces joined and made an impact on the team this year. Sophomore Olivia Stoll stood out on the team with great individual scores. Stoll was involved in both volleyball and golf this season.

“I couldn’t make it to any of the designated practices because I always had volleyball,” she said. “My Mom is the MSU women’s golf coach so I’d practice on my own time with her.” She noted, “extra practice lead to success.”

The girls volleyball team is having an impressive season, despite adjusting to new head coach, Tennille Whitmore. “She is awesome, super wise, and just a really great person,” junior, Mya Andrades said.

“A key to our success was we always had team meetings to talk about our goals and how we were going to achieve them,” Andrades said. The team ended the regular season with a 6-4.

The boys and girls cross country teams had great accomplishments this season. The girls ran well at regionals. The boys finnished eighth place in states and ran against many teams from around Michigan.

“I’m for sure excited for States I think it will be a great test for the guys to see what we are capable of,” Junior Danny Ezzo.

The girls cross country team thrived despite a small team of only five runners.

“We were able to stay healthy throughout the entire season,” junior Brooke Bradley