Four Students Plans For College Sports.

Olivia Stoll is far left, Keegan Pastor is the 2nd to the left, Julia Thompson is 2nd to the right, and Chance Cook is to the far right.

The Class of 2021 has had a tough senior year so far, but a few students in this class who will be playing sports collegiately, are looking forward to the fall of 2021. 

Haslett will have two lacrosse players playing the sport in college, including senior Keegan Pastor. Pastor will be attending Albion College. 

“I love the sport and I feel like it has made me grow as a person,” Pastor said. “I got my love for the sport freshmen year and I also love the fact that my teammates are a great support system for me.”

Pastor plans to pursue a teaching degree and hopes to one day be a high school English or social studies teacher.

The second Haslett senior who will play lacrosse in college will Chance Cook, who will be playing Division 1 lacrosse at Canisius College in Buffalo, New York. 

“I have been playing since the seventh grade, but tenth grade is when I got way more active,” Cook said. 

“When asked why he plays and loves lacrosse, Cook said “it relieves a lot of stress and any anger I may have; also the brotherhood that comes with it is good.”

Cook is planning to pursue a business degree while in college. 

Senior Julia Thompson has been dancing since she was three and competitively since was 10 and will continue her long career in the sport at Alma College in the fall. 

“I love dance because it keeps me active and it is both an art and a sport, and it also allows me to express my competitive mindset,” Thompson said. 

Thompson realized she would be able to dance in college when she went to visit and watch the Michigan dance team in the fall. She was able to get her name out too many of colleges as a result. Thompson was offered a couple of scholarships and offers following the trip, but she decided Alma College was the place for her. 

Thompson plans to major in elementary education to be a teacher in the future. 

Senior Olivia Stoll will be playing golf and attending Grand Valley State University in the fall. 

While being offered a scholarship to play golf, or any sport at the college level is hard, Stoll’s love of the game is fairly new. She says she found her love for the game in recent years, around August of 2018.

“I have played my whole life, but I was always forced to play so I did not like it at all,” Stoll said. “My parents did everything they could to get me to like it, but I loved volleyball and had no interest in golf.”

But Stoll learned to love it after a two-week vacation in California in the aforementioned August of 2018. 

Stoll said it was a tough decision, but after the trip she made it and stopped playing volleyball to pursue golf. 

“I love the sport because of all the opportunities that it has already given me and all the friends that I have met,” Stoll said.  “Golf is a sport that you can play your whole life and can provide you with so many opportunities in the business world.” 

Stoll hopes to one day own her own business and own her own golf course.